Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS
The Sony FE 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 G OSS Lens adds to the already impressive full-frame line-up of Sony E-mount lenses. The lens represents the first Sony alpha E-mount lens to reach a 300mm focal length, featuring high resolution and excellent overall optical performance throughout the entirety of its range. The telephoto zoom also features a minimum focusing distance of less than 3 feet (0.9m) and a maximum magnification of 0.31x, making it an ideal choice for tele-macro photography.
Features About the Sony FE 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 G OSS Lens
- First E-mount zoom to reach 300mm – 105-450mm equivalent on APS-C cameras
- High resolution throughout the entire zoom range -4 aspherical elements and 2 ED glass elements suppress aberration and distortion. Nano AR Coating reduces ghost and flare
- Class-leading close-up capability for tele-macro – Minimum focusing distance of 0.9mm – Maximum magnification of 0.31x
- Optical SteadyShot for clear images
- Linear actuator achieves fast, smooth, quiet autofocus
- Circular 9-blade aperture for beautiful defocus effects
- Compatibility: E-mount Full Frame cameras / E-mount APS-C cameras
High-resolution 70mm to 300mm E-mount zoom
The Sony FE 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 G OSS Lens offers outstanding image-wide resolution. It also lets you get close for stunning close-ups and details with 0.9-meter minimum focus. Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation effectively counters camera shake from close focus to telephoto, while an advanced linear actuator ensures fast, precise autofocus. It is dust and moisture resistant too.
Extended 70-300mm range in an FE zoom
A 70mm to 300mm range can handle a wide range of subjects, from portraits and scenery to sports and nature. On an APS-C camera 300mm becomes 450mm super-telephoto.
High resolution at any focal length
Four aspherical elements and two ED glass elements work with Sony’s Nano AR Coating to deliver superb corner-to-corner resolution and beautiful G Lens background bokeh.
Class-leading close-up performance
Minimum focus distance of just 0.9-meter and maximum magnification of 0.31x let you get extra close to capture details and telephoto macro type perspectives.
Sharp, clear handheld captures
Built in Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation minimises camera shake when shooting handheld, making it easier to capture crisp, clear images, even in low light.
Fast, precise focus for stills and movies
The advanced linear actuator maximises autofocus speed and precision. Focus operation is smooth and quiet too, making it an advantage for movies as well as stills.