Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens
The EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens is a prime lens with stunning macro capabilities. Primarily designed for close-up shooting, the EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM from Canon is a versatile L-series short telephoto prime that is also well-suited for portraiture and other mid-range subjects. As a macro lens, however, this 100mm offers a life-size, 1:1 maximum magnification and an 11.8″ minimum focusing distance. Complementing close-up shooting, an Image Stabilizer is featured that minimizes camera shake by two stops at full 1:1 magnification, or up to four stops at lower magnifications for sharper handheld shooting. Also contributing to smooth and intuitive handling, a ring-type USM and internal focusing design offers quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. In regard to its optical assets, one ultra-low dispersion element is featured, to control colour fringing and chromatic aberrations, and a Super Spectra coating has been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity. Additionally, as an L-series lens, this 100mm f/2.8 is weather-sealed for working in inclement conditions.
Ultra low dispersion (UD) lens element ensures high image quality
A UD element within the lens design effectively removes chromatic aberration. This allows for excellent image quality with high resolution, high contrast and excellent colour reproduction.
Focus limiter switch
To enhance the photographer’s use of the lens, it is fitted with a 3 position focus limiter switch. With limits for close up subjects, distant subjects and all subjects, the user is able to increase the autofocus speed making quick shots a possibility.
Beautiful background blur with 9 blade circular aperture
A circular blade aperture helps to create attractive, even background bokeh when isolating subjects at wide apertures.
Fast quiet autofocus
The ring USM (Ultrasonic Motor) drives extremely rapid autofocus with near-silent operation. Full time mechanical manual focus override is available without having to switch out of AF. The lens offers a minimum focusing distance of 0.3m.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and colour neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. The effectiveness of this system compensates for up to two stops of camera shake at 1:1 magnification, three stops at 1:2 magnification, and four stops at lower magnifications.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), and internal focusing design, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to three different ranges for faster focusing performance: 11.8″-1.6′, 1.6′-infinity, and the full 11.8″-infinity range.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Canon L-series high performance macro
- 4 stop Hybrid IS
- Life size image reproduction (1:1)
- UD lens element
- Water and dust resistant
- Three position distance limiter
- 9 blade circular aperture for beautiful bokeh
- Ring type USM AF motor
- Optional tripod collar