Canon RF 5.2mm F2.8L Dual Fisheye Lens
Capture the world in virtual reality thanks to the Canon RF 5.2mm F2.8L Dual Fisheye Lens; a compact, stereoscopic L-series RF lens capable of capturing super-sharp content that – with the rest of Canon’s EOS VR SYSTEM, including a camera and software solution – transforms footage into a truly breathtaking visual experience, immersing you within the environment.
In case you’re interested in another recent Canon RF Lenses, check out the RF Lenses
Amazingly practical (3D) 180° VR capture
The compact, single mount design simplifies quick camera setups for professional stereoscopic 180° VR capture when using compatible high resolution, Full Frame, RF mount cameras, such as the EOS R5.
Efficient and simplified workflow
Featuring a stereoscopic 190° field of view, two offset circular fisheye images are perfectly synchronised and recorded side-by-side onto a single Full Frame sensor, ready for Canon’s powerful EOS VR Utility2/plug-in to seamlessly process for the final edit, requiring no additional stitching.
High-quality image capture
Featuring perfectly aligned, dual forward-facing fisheye lenses, the Canon RF 5.2mm F2.8L Dual Fisheye Lens utilises two UD elements per lens to correct for aberrations plus Canon’s special SWC coatings to reduce ghosting and flare, even in backlit conditions.
Fast f/2.8 aperture for low light shooting
The Canon RF 5.2mm F2.8L Dual Fisheye Lens performs superbly in low light thanks to a fast f/2.8 aperture with accurately synchronised exposure and precise control via a dual Electro Magnetic Diaphragm (EMD) design.
L-series build and weather resistance
Because it’s an L-series lens, the Canon RF 5.2mm F2.8L Dual Fisheye Lens is built for professional use. It is dust and splash resistant and features fluorine coatings to repel water and dirt on the lens surface.
Gel filter holder for precise exposure control
The Canon RF 5.2mm F2.8L Dual Fisheye Lens has a rear-mounted gelatin filter holder for pre-cut ND gels which can be used to help precisely control light levels when in use on 180° VR video productions.
Canon RF 5.2mm F2.8L Dual Fisheye Lens Features
- Dual Fisheye lenses for 180° VR stereoscopic capture and 190-degree field of view
- Compact, lightweight design with f/2.8 aperture
- Two UD elements per lens
- Subwavelength Structure Coating (SWC)
- Precisely synchronised and controlled EMD units
- Close-focusing distance of 7.87-inches/0.2m is possible – max magnification is 0.03x.
- Aperture range of f/2.8 to f/16 with a 7-blade aperture and simultaneous electro-magnetic diaphragm for both left and right lenses.
- Built-in Gelatin Filter Holder – allows ND gel filters to be used in bright environments if a bright aperture is desired.
- Fluorine Coating on the front lens elements, with a dust and water resistant design.
- Extremely compact size – allowing it to be used in different types of productions.