DJI Zenmuse X7 -Lens Excluded
The DJI Zenmuse X7 Camera is a lightweight, Super 35 imager with an integrated 3-axis gimbal. It has been optimised for use with DJI’s Inspire 2 Drone.
This camera is capable of capturing 6K footage at 30fps as well as 24MP RAW DNG still images. This is due to the inclusion of a 35mm, 24MP CMOS sensor with fourteen stops of dynamic range and pixel size of 3.91 µm. Further to this, the X7 camera has a 46 dB sound-to-noise ratio and a tonal range of 9.41 bits. These features ensure the Zenmuse X7 is capable of capturing high-quality, detailed footage and outputting RAW at 6K/30fps and 3.9K/60fps. For a quick introduction to this camera, please see the video below.
The versatility of this camera is further extended with the addition of its DJI DL-Mount. This compact, thin interconnection (achieved using FSI-Cu technology) with a flange focal distance of less than 17mm, ensures that it is quick and easy to switch between lenses. Furthermore, the design of this mount reduces the weight of the X7 (approx. 630g with a lens).
When used with the Inspire 2, the Zenmuse X7 Camera is able to make use of the drone’s improved CineCore 2.1 Processing System. This extends the camera’s capabilities, allowing it to record 6K/30fps CinemaDNG and 5.2K/30fps Apple ProRes footage whilst reducing image artefacts and noise, thereby continuing to ensure detailed image capture even in low-light situations.
This processing system also includes an EI mode which facilitates the user’s ability capture footage at different levels of sensitivity. This new system, when used in conjunction with the Zenmuse X7, provides the user with greater creative flexibility in post-production.
Post-production creative flexibility is further expanded due to the inclusion of DJI’s Cinema Colour System within the CineCore 2.1 Processing System. This colour system ensures that the X7 is able to preserve details in shadows and highlights which can be altered in line with the user’s preferences during post-production. This feature is made possible through the inclusion of a D-Log curve, which encodes 15 stops of dynamic range, and a D-Gamut RGB colour space.
The inclusion of D-Gamut within DJI’s Cinema Colour System provides larger green tone coverage for green gradation and optimised colour adjustment, allowing the user to create visually dynamic images and footage.
The DJI Zenmuse X7 Camera’s dynamic capabilities and extensive compatibility with both processing systems and lenses make it ideal for professional aerial photographers and filmmakers.
DJI Zenmuse X7 Camera – (Lens Excluded) Key Features
- Drone camera optimised for use with the Inspire 2
- Ideal for professional aerial photographers and filmmakers
- NOT supplied with a lens
- Compatible with DJI’s Zenmuse X7 DL 35mm F2.8 LS ASPH; Zenmuse X7 DL 24mm F2.8 LS ASPH; Zenmuse X7 DL 50mm F2.8 LS ASPH; Zenmuse X7 DL-S 16mm F2.8 ND ASPH lenses
- Capable of capturing 6K footage at 30fps
- Captures 24MP RAW DNG still images
- 35mm, 24MP CMOS sensor
- 14 stops of dynamic range
- Sensor has a pixel size of 3.91 µm
- 46 dB SNR
- Tonal range of 9.41 bits
- Outputs RAW at 6K/30fps and 3.9K/60fps
- Includes DJI DL-Mount
- DJI DL-Mount is thin and compact as a result of FSI-Cu technology
- DL-Mount has a flange focal distance of less than 17mm
- DL-Mount makes it easy to switch between lenses
- DL-Mount is lightweight helping to preserve the drone’s speed and agility
- Use with the Inspire 2’s CineCore 2.1 Processing System expands the X7’s image capture capabilities
- With CineCore 2.1 it can capture 6K/30fps CinemaDNG and 5.2K/30fps Apple ProRes footage
- With CineCore 2.1 it can reduce the effect of noise and image artefact to capture detailed images in low-light
- CineCore 2.1 includes EI mode
- Use with CineCore 2.1 provides greater creative-flexibility in post-production
- DJI Cinema Colour System preserves the accuracy of colours and aids with post-production adjustments