Nikon 200-500mm f5.6E ED VR AF-S Lens – Telephoto Zoom
The latest big-zoom’ from Nikon is packed with Nikons latest lens tech, with the Nikon 200-500mm f5.6E ED VR AF-S Lens, Nikon offers a huge reach at an affordable price.
Whether you’re a birder, a sports photographer, a fan of air shows this latest FX zoom delivers in all areas.Powerful zoom with extended reach. With a 200-500mm focal length range and constant f/5.6 aperture, this FX-format lens introduces a new level of super-telephoto versatility.
A constant f/5.6 aperture provides reliable and smooth speed and control throughout the depth of field across the whole zoom range. Optical construction consists of 19 elements across 12 groups and features ED glass elements minimising chromatic aberration. Being the largest fixed aperture zoom in the current Nikkor range the 200-500mm also implements the latest version of Nikon’s VR (vibration reduction) technology. This powerful technology allows you to shoot using shutter speeds up to 4.5 stops slower and includes SPORT VR mode for fast tracking during action shots such as motor-sports or planes, on top of this the Nikon Silent wave Motor (SWM) offers a fast AF.
FX-format super-telephoto zoom lens: offers flexible Nikon 200-500mm focal length range (DX-format equivalent: 300-750mm). Ideal for shooting wildlife, birds, planes, and fast-paced sports.
Constant f/5.6 aperture: enables consistent speed and smooth control over depth of field across the entire zoom range.
Vibration Reduction (VR): minimises camera shake and lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to 4.5 stops slower. SPORT VR mode delivers a stable viewfinder image when capturing high-speed movement. It also allows a continuous shooting frame rate and release time lag similar to those that are achievable when VR is turned off. Use SPORT VR mode to perfectly capture moving subjects such as birds in flight, or fast-paced sports.
High optical performance: three extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements ensure minimal chromatic aberration.
Nikon 200-500mm f5.6E ED VR AF-S Lens Highlights
- High-speed AF operation: Nikon’s Silent wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocus performance with seamless manual override.
- Electromagnetic diaphragm: for consistent, more precise exposures during high-speed bursts.
- Minimum focus distance: 2.2m.
- Zoom-lock switch: keeps the lens secure when not in use.
- Tripod foot: helps stabilise the lens when using a tripod.
- AF with teleconverters: the fixed maximum aperture of f/5.6 enables AF operation even when using a 1.4x teleconverter (attached to an f/8-compatible camera).