NIKON AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR
The Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Lens is a high-performance, versatile DX zoom lens with a bright f/2.8–4 aperture. Including the latest technology and compact build, this is the perfect lens for travel.
The 5x zoom covers the equivalent of 24–120mm in full-frame format, while the fast aperture opens up more shooting possibilities. Nikon’s Vibration Reduction (VR) keeps images sharp. An electromagnetic diaphragm ensures precise exposures at high frame rates.
High-performance 5x zoom lens
Broad 16–80mm focal range (FX-format equivalent: 24–120 mm) and fast f/2.8–4 maximum aperture. The wide-angle to telephoto zoom range easily covers most shooting situations: from sweeping landscapes to intimate portraiture.
Compact and lightweight
Superb all-round travel lens. The body weighs just 480g, boasts compact dimensions and balances perfectly on the camera body.
Enables pleasing background blur, clear low-light shots and distinctive subject / background separation. Achieves f/2.8 aperture at 16 mm focal length (FX-format equivalent: 24 mm) and f/4 at 80 mm (FX-format equivalent: 120 mm).
Vibration Reduction (VR)
Minimises the effects of camera shake and lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to four stops slower. VR operation is quiet, even when filming.
Advanced optical construction
Four ED glass elements and three aspherical lens elements ensure crisp, brilliant images.
Nano Crystal Coat
Reduces ghosting and flare for greater image clarity, even in backlit situations.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
For smooth, quiet and accurate autofocus.
- DX compatible 16-80mm wide angle zoom lens with minimum f/2.8 aperture
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism enables stable auto-exposure control
- VR function provides an effect equivalent to a 4 stops
- Nano Crystal Coating to minimise ghosting effect
- An ED Glass Element provides superior optical performance and prevents chromatic aberration
- A Fluorine Coat repels dust and water droplets from the lens surface