Nikon 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 G AF-S DX ED VR II Lens
The Nikon 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 G AF-S DX ED VR II Lens is a popular, all-round DX-format 11.1 x zoom lens. Equipped with Nikon’s Vibration Reduction system and exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM), it offers superb performance in low-light, delivering steady images to both the sensor and viewfinder, and features fast, quiet autofocus. The high quality optical design boasts Nikon’s Super Integrated Coating and two ED glass elements for superb colour reproduction and minimized distortion. A practical zoom-lock switch keeps the lens secure when not in use. Great value for money, this is a flexible all-in-one lens – ideal for capturing everything from wide landscapes to close-ups of distant subjects.
Spanning wide to tele, the Nikon 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 G AF-S DX ED VR II Lens is an ideal all-around lens characterized by an advanced optical design, compact profile, and image stabilization. Three aspherical elements and two extra-low dispersion elements are used to control both spherical and chromatic aberrations, in order to produce high sharpness and clarity, and a Super Integrated Coating works to minimize flare for high contrast and colour accuracy.
Supporting the optics is VR II image stabilization, which compensates for up to 3.5 stops of camera shake to help realize sharp imagery when shooting handheld. A Silent Wave Motor is also used to provide fast and precise autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus override.
Nikon 18-200mm Key Features:
- DX format 11.1x zoom lens with 18 to 200mm focal range (35mm equivalent: 27-300mm).
- Vibration Reduction II (VR II) stabilization system with Normal and Active modes. Enables more flexible hand-held shooting and lets you use shutter speeds that are up to 4 stops slower.
- 2 ED glass and 3 aspherical lens elements ensure high resolution and superior contrast.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast, whisper-quiet autofocus.
- M/A mode for rapid switching between Autofocus and Manual focus operation.
- 7-blade rounded diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements blend together smoothly for natural-looking backgrounds.
- High-grade Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) greatly reduces ghosting and flare and ensures outstanding color reproduction.