Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Lens
- The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Autofocus Lens is a fast aperture standard zoom lens designed for photojournalism and general photography. Optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both the Nikon FX (full-frame) and DX-format image sensors, this lens also includes two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements and PGM aspherical lenses that help control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast, even at the widest aperture settings.
- The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) feature provides swift autofocus with superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation. This G-type lens does not feature an aperture ring on the lens body, resulting in a lighter and more compact lens. Aperture changes are designed to be done via the camera’s command dial.
Fast and versatile
The AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED delivers fast, wide-angle to medium telephoto zoom capability and is optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both Nikon FX and DX format D-SLRs. Its fast, fixed f/2.8 aperture enables exceptional low-light performance and consistent exposure across the entire zoom range. Enhanced optical formulas produce exceptional sharpness, contrast and colour, rendering outstanding image and video integrity.
Durable and reliable
The rugged construction includes professional-grade dust and moisture resistance. Three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements and Precision Glass Mold (PGM) Aspherical lens elements control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast, even at the widest aperture settings; and Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra high-speed auto focusing with pinpoint accuracy and super-quiet operation.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture ensures great shots in low light
- Fast, quiet autofocus with full-time manual focusing
- Circular 9-blade diaphragm helps produce attractive background blur
- extra-low dispersion (ED) lens elements delivers superb optical performance
- Minimum focusing distance of just 38cm
- 77mm filter diameter
- Rubber mount seal maintains weatherproofing of professional camera bodies