Nikon D850 Digital SLR Camera
The Nikon D850 Digital SLR Camera is a professional level full-frame workhorse with uncompromising performance and quality. Made from a tough magnesium-alloy frame with weather-sealing, the D850 delivers stunning image quality and some of the most advanced imaging technology available in Nikon’s DSLR range.
Featuring a high-resolution 45.7-megapixel FX BSI sensor, with no Optical Low-Pass filter, the Nikon D850 is capable of capturing detailed images with the widest dynamic range available on any current Nikon camera. Whether you’re interested in landscape photography, wildlife photography, portraits, products or action. Boasting the lowest ISO sensitivity setting of any DSLR or mirrorless full-frame camera, the D850 can be used to produce high-resolution stills in a wide variety of lighting conditions. The Nikon D850 has a native ISO sensitivity range of ISO 64-25,600 (expandable from ISO 32 to 51,200).
The Nikon D850 surpasses its predecessor’s autofocusing capabilities in every aspect, using an advanced 153-point intelligent multi-CAM 20K AF system (99 cross-type) with dedicated AF processor to achieve sharp focus results in conditions as dim as -4EV in the centre. Fifteen cross-type AF points inhabit the centre of the sensor and they’re compatible with f/8 AF NIKKOR lenses. Focus can be selected and checked quickly using the D850’s tilt and 3.2-inch touchscreen LCD 3.2-inch 2,359k-dot LCD offers a crisp display for composing images, with an anti-reflective coating for optimal visibility in all conditions.
Expeed 5 Processor
The D850’s flexible AF capability can be grouped to suit the scenario and with the camera’s EXPEED 5 processor, the Nikon D850 can produce cleaner pictures in low light and buffer full-resolution stills at 7fps (up to 9fps with optional MB-D18 battery grip). Additionally, the D850 records media to two card slots, one compatible with SD cards and the other with super-fast XQD storage.
Keeping up with the demands of today’s content creators, the Nikon D850 allows users to create 4K and 8K time-lapse video sequences in-camera for up to 9,999 frames using the D850’s Interval Timer Mode. Astro and photographers who require silent shooting will appreciate the D850’s silent shooting capabilities in live view. Silent shooting uses an electronic shutter to reduce shutter shake and can be utilised to capture full resolution images at up to 6fps or 8.6MP images at up to 30fps.
New functionality introduced with the Nikon D850 sees the inclusion of in-camera RAW image batch processing, allowing users to apply adjustments across a series and save the JPEGs and RAW images to the second card slot for ease of workflow. Working in the dark is also made easier thanks to the illuminated buttons of the D850’s ergonomically designed body.
This is a tough, workhorse DSLR camera with a battery rating of up to 1840 shots at full resolution. This is also a camera that creators can use in a variety of environments and conditions due to it’s rugged magnesium-alloy frame and extensive weather-sealing.
Nikon D850 – Video recording and connectivity
Nikon D850 owners can take advantage of its Wi-Fi and low-energy Bluetooth functionality, for easy wireless control and image sharing via the Nikon SnapBridge app. To connect to PC’s or FTP servers via LAN, users may also purchase the optional WT-7 Wireless Transmitter.
Compatible with a vast family of Nikkor lenses, the Nikon D850 offers high-quality 4K UHD (3840×2160) at up to 30fps. Interested in shooting cinematic slow-motion sequences? The Nikon D850 is capable of recording Full HD videos at up to 5x slow-mo playback at 24/25/30p. With the Nikon D850 users can also expect professional video functionality such as focus peaking, zebra pattern highlight detection and incorporate external audio recording with versatile sound control.
Nikon D850 Key Features
- 45.7 effective megapixel back-illuminated FX-format full-frame CMOS Sensor
- 45.4 megapixel files
- Ultra-high definition 4K video at 30p (uses the full frame)
- Slow-motion Full 1080p HD video at 120fps
- EXPEED 5 image processing engine (from the Nikon D5)
- Exceptional low-noise performance, even at high ISO
- 153-point AF system (from the Nikon D5)
- 99 Cross-Type AF points
- New Pinpoint AF mode for ultra-precise macro focusing
- All focus points sensitive down to -3EV
- Centre AF Point sensitive down to -4EV
- Continuous shooting at 7fps in standard setup with EN-EL15a battery
- Shoots at 9fps with optional MB-D18 battery grip with EN-EL18B battery (from the D5)
- Silent shooting with electronic shutter using Live View mode
- Up to 6fps continuous shooting in Silent Shooting mode with electronic shutter
- 3.2″ 2,360k-dot tilting LCD touchscreen monitor
- Touch AF and Touch Shutter
- Dual Card Slots with UHS-II compatible SD slot and an XQD card slot
- ISO range from ISO 64-25,600 and extendable to ISO 32-102,400
- Battery life of up to 1,840 still shots with standard EN-EL15a battery
- MB-D18 grip and EN-EL18B battery gives up to 5,140 shots on single charge
- USB 3.0, HDMI, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity
- In-camera 4K timelapse
- True 8K timelapse using interval shooting (3rd party software needed to compile images)
- Image stacking using Focus Shift mode for up to 300 shots
- Choose between Large (45.4MP), Medium (25.5MP), and Small (11.3MP) RAW images
- Included HDMI/USB cable dock to prevent cables snapping during tethering
- Extensive weather sealing to body and optional MB-D18 battery grip
- Illuminated buttons for night-time shooting
- Pro-level tough body constructed from a magnesium alloy
- Projected 200,000 shutter reliability
- Weighs approx. 1005g with battery & XQD memory card or 915g body only