Sony A6400 Camera Body
The Sony A6400 bridges the gap between the company’s hugely popular full-frame CSC, and APS-C line-ups. Boasting AF acquisition of 0.02 seconds (the world’s fastest), newly developed ‘Real-Time Eye AF’, and ‘Real-Time Tracking’. The a6400 can also shoot up to 11fps with AF/AE tracking, while a BIONZ X image processor, a tiltable LCD touch screen, and 4K video recording are also included. This kit comes with the Sony E 16-50mm f3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
Features About the Sony A6400 Camera Body
- Lightning-quick AF acquisition of just 0.02 seconds plus 425 phase-detection and contrast-detection AF points for approximately 84% image coverage
- Advanced Real-time Eye AF
- New Real-time Tracking for object tracking
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor™ CMOS image sensor and latest-generation BIONZ X™ image processor
- Ideal for bloggers thanks for a 180-degree tiltable touch LCD, allowing for self-recording
- Shoot at up to 11fps via a mechanical shutter, and 8fps silent shooting with continuous AF/AE tracking
- 4K video recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
- Timelapse video using interval recording
- Super-fast performance
- A new BIONZ X image processor powers the a6400’s impressive autofocus system. 425 phase-detection AF points and 425 contrast-detection AF points cover approximately 84% of the image area, working at a speed of 0.02 seconds.
AI-powered Real-Time Eye AF
Introducing advanced ‘Real-time Eye AF’. By employing artificial intelligence-based object recognition, the camera can detect and process eye data in real time. This gives the Sony A6400 a point of reference for measuring autofocus. This system works in all autofocus modes, and is triggered automatically by half-pressing the shutter button. When in AF-C or AF-A mode, the preferred eye (left or right) of your subject can be selected as the focus point.
‘Real-time Tracking’ also makes its debut in the Sony A6400. This mode utilises Sony’s latest algorithm including Artificial Intelligence based object recognition and processes colour, subject distance (depth), pattern (brightness) as spatial information to ensure that all subjects can be captured with excellent accuracy.
New levels of image quality
A 24.2MP sensor, working alongside the BIONZ X image processor can now reach new levels of performance, with a standard ISO range of up to ISO 32000 for both still and movie. This is also expandable up to ISO 102400 for still images, while noise reduction garners excellent results at medium and high sensitivities.
4K Movie Recording with Fast Hybrid Autofocus
Internal 4K recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning is also available. By collecting approximately 2.4x the amount of data required for UHD video, the a6400 oversamples to produce exceptional high-quality footage. This is also the first cropped sensor Sony mirrorless camera to feature a Hybrid Log-Gamma profile for Instant HDR workflows.
Users can create stunning timelapse videos using the internal Intervalometer, which can be set to capture each frame from anywhere between 1-60 seconds. The total number of shots can also be set between 1-9999. There’s also an option to control the AE tracking in this mode, with Low, Mid, and High sensitivities to be selected from, ensuring your entire video remains correctly exposed.