Sony E 16-55mm f2.8 G Lens
The Sony E 16-55mm f2.8 G Lens APS-C standard zoom lens with an f2.8 aperture. The lens gives the superb G Lens image quality as expected from this Sony series. It is perfect for shooting landscapes and portraiture as well as for general daily use.
Sony E 16-55mm f2.8 G Lens Key Features
- Excellent resolution across the frame through the zoom range, even at F2.8.
- 2 advanced aspherical and two aspherical elements. These will suppress aberrations and provide excellent resolution across the frame. 3 Extra-low Dispersion glass elements minimalise and chromatic aberration and colour bleed.
- Nano AR coating suppresses flare and ghosting
- 9-blade circular aperture mechanism
- Compact and light lens, weighing only 0.494kg
- XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motor ensures rapid and accurate AF performance
High res imaging across the full range, even on F2.8
This is the first Sony 16-55 mm (24-82.5 mm full-frame equiv.) APS-C zoom lens to feature the constant F2.8 aperture. The lens has been constructed with 2 aspherical elements and 2 advanced aspherical elements. These will suppress any aberration to give superb resolution to your images. 3 ED glass elements will reduce any colour bleed. The Nano AR Coating from Sony will resist flare and ghosting giving superb clarity and contrast. You’ll have full precision from the spherical aberration control and smooth bokeh is delivered from the 9-bladed circular aperture.
Bright images from a compact and lightweight lens
The advanced optical and mechanical design means this lens weighs just a meer 0.494KG. The lens is also compact and easy to carry around. It is perfect for a range of applications such as shooting portraiture to daily snapping.
Rapid, accurate AF tracking from an XD Linear motor
The eXtreme Dynamic linear motor will give superb AF and tracking performance. Designed to keep up with the latest Sony cameras and tracking technology, it will capture any fast-paced action with ease. The motor is near silent and will allow anyone shooting video to fully exploit the f2.8 constant aperture.
Ingenious control and highly reliable
Special features like a focus hold button, are met with dependable AF/MF switch and linear Response MF. This gives you full and precise, yet simple control over the lens.
Fluorine coating on the front element repels any water and dirt. Dust and moisture resistant design all over make it perfect for harsher environments.