Sony FE 600mm f4 GM OSS Lens
The Sony FE 600mm f/4 Master OSS Lens is a premium G Master lens designed to work with Sony’s full-frame range of cameras.
Fast and precise autofocus
The 600mm f4 GM OSS lens is perfect for professional sports and wildlife photographers or any fast-moving subject. Fast and precise auto-focus, as well as reliable tracking, is achieved thanks to the Two XD (extreme dynamic) linear motors.
Outstanding resolution and bokeh
The lens design employs three fluorite elements to suppress chromatic aberration which can often be a problem in telephoto lenses.
A large XA (extreme aspherical) element is also included to eliminate onion-ring bokeh. Each lens is calibrated to achieve the ideal balance between resolution and bokeh. Optional 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters with XA elements are also available.
Lightweight and perfectly balanced
Weighing just 3,040 grams, Sony has managed to create one of the lightest lenses in its class. The lens has been designed so that the 24 elements are as close to the lens mount as possible. This helps to ensure perfect balance despite its weight and size.
Weather resistant and tough enough to use anywhere
Have peace of mind, whatever the weather, thanks to its dust and moisture-resistant design. The front lens has a fluorine coating to resist water, oil and other unwanted matter.
A rigid magnesium alloy is used to provide ultimate strength and endurance.
Advanced features support professional needs
When the FULL-TIME DMF switch is ON, manual focus is automatically engaged when the focus ring is operated, even in the AF-C mode.
Built-in Optical SteadyShot image Stabilisation includes MODE 2 for panned shots and MODE 3 for dynamic sports or wildlife action. MODE 3 also provides a more stable viewfinder image for easier framing.
Sony FE 600mm f4 G Master Lens Key Features
- Professional 600mm f/4 lens with auto-focus and G-Master standard high-resolution, all at a weight of just 3040g, makes it the lightest lens in its class.
- Stunning resolution and bokeh thanks to a new optical design with XA elements, Super ED glass and 3 fluorite elements.
- Sony’s original XD linear motors offer excellent response and low vibration that contribute directly to fast, precise, quiet AF operation
- 600mm focal length, extendable to 840mm with the optional SEL14TC teleconverter and to an impressive 1200mm with the optional SEL20TC teleconverter whilst retaining full AF
- Lightest in class for outstanding mobility and handling.
- Weather resistant and tough enough for any weather conditions.