Canon XF400 4K Compact Camcorder
Canon XF400 produces outstanding clarity and sharpness. Offering broadcast quality UHD and Full HD capability into a handheld, lightweight body with a 1.0-Type CMOS sensor, a 15x 4K zoom lens and Dual Pixel CMOS AF. With the addition of a 100P high frame rate and network capability for FTP transfer and remote control, this camcorder is ideal for newsgathering, documentary or corporate use.
Check out the Camcorders page if you’re looking for other recent models
The camera records Full HD 1080p and UHD 4K up to 50 fps—captured to dual SD card slots—and outputs via an HDMI 2.0 port. On the audio side, the Canon XF400 features four channels of audio with manual/automatic recording levels, and two XLR inputs. Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to control the camera’s functions via browser and transfer proxy files. Camera control is also available using the included WL-D89 remote. XF-AVC UHD 4K 50p Long GOP recording is scheduled to be available through a firmware update in 2018.
4K UHD/50P recording on SD cards with high frame rates
- The Canon XF400 supports UHD/50P MP4 and XF-AVC format (150Mbps) recording along with additional XF-AVC support coming via a firmware update in 2018.
- The combination of 1.0-Type CMOS sensor and dual DIGIC DV6 offers high image quality footage with clarity and detail with outstanding high sensitivity and low noise.
- “Wide DR” mode enables the user to shoot with an 800% wide dynamic range providing details in mid to high tone.
High quality 4K lens with 15x zoom
- A newly developed 4K lens for 1.0 -Type CMOS sensor, using Super UD elements which minimise chromic aberration.
- The XF400 features an ultra-wide 25.5mm along with high magnification 15x optical zoom in 4K.
- A 30x Advanced Zoom capability in Full HD mode without image deterioration.
- A 9-blade iris diaphragm allows the operator to shoot beautiful and natural ’bokeh’.
- An advanced 5 axis Image Stabilizer helps to reduce image distortion.
- XF400 features three built-in optical density (ND) filters of 1/4, 1/16 and 1/64 (2, 4 and 6 stops).
- 0.8x Wide angle and 1.5x tele-converter for additional flexibility and coverage in 4K and Full HD.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF for high-speed, precise autofocus
- The Canon XF400 offers Dual Pixel CMOS AF, fast and accurate autofocusing in area of approx. 80% (vertically) x 80% (horizontally) of the image.
- The Canon XF400 touch screen allows focus control and camera operation for an intuitive operation.
- Various AF options are offered including Face Priority AF and Face Only AF.
- The innovative Dual Pixel Focus Guide supports manual focus shooting by telling the focus position visually. Network capability with FTP transfer and remote control
- The Canon XF400 gives you more mobility – FTP files transfer directly from the camcorder or wirelessly by built-in WiFi.
- Using the XF400’s built-in Wi-Fi, it is possible to control via a smartphone or tablet using a Browser Remote. Additionally, the camcorder is fully compatible with the Canon Remote Controller RC-V100. IP Streaming (Full HD)*
Compact and lightweight body, professional operability
- Compact in size, lightweight and fully featured, the XF400 can meet a wide range of individual needs.
- The Canon XF400 features an Infrared Mode allowing users to capture video in conditions with little to no ambient light.
- With Dual SD card slots the XF400 can record simultaneously to each of the two SD cards, providing an instant backup. With relay recording, the camera automatically switches recording from one SD card to the other when the first memory card becomes full.
- Variety of connectivity options feature on the XF400, including 3G-SDI (A model only), HDMI and two XLRs on the detachable handle.
- Flexible and high quality linear PCM 4ch audio is supported
- Five assignable buttons on the XF400 body provide a convenient way to set up the camera to individual requirements and to customise control based on user preference.
- Remote operation of the XF400 is possible with the Canon Remote Controller RC-V100, allowing users to operate from a distance.
Canon XF400 Key Features:
- 4K UHD/50P recording on SD cards with high frame rates
- High quality 4K lens with 15x zoom
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for high-speed, precise autofocus
- Network capability with FTP transfer and remote control
- Compact and lightweight body, professional operability